Friday 8 May 2009

My Manic Marc Addiction



Today - for the second time in as many weeks - I visited the new marc by Marc Jacobs store'. Desperately trying to satisfy another ‘marc’ induced, fashion fix.

As I entered and started to feel myself get high on the bargains, my thoughts turned to whether this impulsive behaviour towards the brand was at all worth it. After all, I am buying ‘designer clothes’ for less than a purple bank note and as for the quality, well, you get what you pay for. Then it dawned on me, it’s the fake luxury that has turned me into this ‘marc’ junkie. Why should I go to Topman when I can go to marc and get a ‘designer’ T for the same price? And best of all, walk out with a lux looking shopping bag.

With accessories costing the same as a ‘Maccy D’s’, it’s hardly surprising that I’ve visited the store more times than Amy Winehouse would her crack dealer. However, I know I’m not the only one with this shameless ‘marc’ addiction - as a fashionable friend (cough* Ella) has visited so often that the assistant has practically put her on his Christmas card list - but with word of mouth spreading faster than Swine flu, more and more people will surely become addicted.

Now, I may sound a snob, but I don’t want every Tom, Dick or Sharon for that matter draping themselves in the same clobber as me, and with the prices being so affordable; anyone can buy into the brand. Leaving us disciples of fashion exposed to the stylistically impaired. Just think you would want the chav sitting next to you on the train wearing the same top? No!!!

So a word of caution, spend, spend, spend if you like, but in six months time when word has spread and you cannot blink without someone with the same bag as you, the ‘marc’ habit may come to an abrupt end.
Marc by Marc Jacobs, 56 South Audley Street, W1. 0207 408 7050

3 comments:

Jojo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jojo said...

Yay you're back! I wanna come with you the next time you go...I promise I won't buy the same as you..

Lots of lovings xx
Jojo

Also I'm very sorry I didn't mean to delete my first comment..whoops

Ella Gregory said...

Well finally!
How lazy of you not to post for so long. You only need one more trip and you'll be level with me.